New, easy-to-use tubes, enhanced quality assurance
A few years ago, an international flight touched down short of the runway because of “accreted ice from within the fuel system”. With lives at stake, no reputable operator would risk compromising on the quality of its water testing kits.
The SHELL WATER DETECTOR is manufactured following strict quality assurance standards in a purpose-built, humidity-controlled facility. The manufacturer has ISO 9001:2008 accreditation for quality management, which covers manufacture, assembly, packaging and supply. The Shell Water Detector is proven and now comes in easier-to-use packaging, which is designed to enhance product quality assurance even further.
New look boxes
Each new-look box contains the same number of capsules (80), but there are now 8 tubes with 10 capsules per tube: previously, 8 capsules in 10 tubes. This change is permitted by the replacement of a desiccant sachet with a coating and reduces packaging waste.
For over 50 years, operators across the world have relied on the Shell Water Detector to check their aviation fuel for suspended water that cannot be detected by visual inspections. The detector capsules are widely used, thanks to their effectiveness and simplicity.
Imitations are available, but, for quality you can trust, we recommend using the original, internationally recognised, industry standard that is the Shell Water Detector.
New, easier to use packaging
Screw-top tubes can be difficult to use, especially when wearing gloves. We understand the importance of sampling efficiently while wearing the correct personal protective equipment, which is why our new Shell Water Detector tubes have flip caps. These are easy to open and seal with one hand while wearing gloves. We also recommend using reverse-action syringes, which draw samples in when the plunger is pushed – an action that can be performed easily using one hand.
Enhanced product quality assurance
You need to be confident that each capsule is ready to use.
- The Shell Water Detector kits continue to be manufactured to high quality standards.
- The new desiccant-coated tubes are medical-grade quality, which helps to ensure that the capsules remain protected during the rigors of use.
- The new tubes help to ensure that the remaining capsules are protected from moisture, through:
- simple flip tops, which are easier to seal from the air>
- an all-over desiccant coating, which has replaced the desiccant sachet placed at one end of the tube. This improves the protection of the capsules against ambient moisture, especially in humid locations.